Pregnancy yoga classes in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
To book classes please complete the booking form using the link above, or for more information contact email@example.com or 07881 987 330.
About pregnancy yoga
Our pregnancy yoga classes have been running for over 15 years, successfully supporting pregnant women to practice yoga movements and techniques for a positive pregnancy and birth.
Why do pregnancy yoga?
Enhance your experience as an expecting mother, and during labour and birth with pregnancy yoga classes in Hook, near Basingstoke, Hampshire. Increase wellbeing for you and your baby during this very special time, maintain flexibility and strength, practice relaxation and prepare physically and emotionally for labour and birth. Join us in a relaxed and friendly class with the opportunity to meet other local mums-to-be. Yoga can help with the minor discomforts of pregnancy and help you cope with the stresses of every day life. We offer a space where we celebrate the joy of pregnancy as a natural process and where women can develop a friendly support network. Everyone is welcome, so you don’t need to have done any yoga before you join the class.
We recommend pregnancy yoga from around 15 weeks pregnant right up until the birth of your baby.
Pregnancy yoga benefits
- Gently and safely maintain physical strength and flexibility
- Improve emotional wellbeing
- Relieve aches and discomfort
- Reduce back ache
- Safely maintain abdominal strength and improve pelvic floor muscles
- Improve posture
- Nurture your changing pregnant body
- Learn how to prepare for birth, physically and emotionally
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Learn to relax
- Practice helpful breathing techniques for pregnancy, labour and birth
- Improve your sleep
- Learn yoga techniques that may help to shorten and simplify your labour
- Learn effective birthing positions
- Learn yoga techniques that may help you cope better with discomfort during labour and birth
- Pelvic floor exercises for pregnancy and birth
- Enhance your confidence regarding pregnancy and birth
- Learn optimal foetal positioning movements and positions to get baby in the best place for birth
- Learn yoga that can be used in labour to encourage a positive birth experience
- Meet other expecting mums and have the opportunity to gain a support network
What to wear and bring
Wear comfortable clothing to the class that you can move around in easily. If possible, please bring:
- Yoga mat
You might also like to bring an extra layer and socks for warmth during relaxation.
What happens in the class?
The pregnancy yoga class is made up of yoga movements to soothe and gently maintain strength in your body during the physical, hormonal and emotional changes that happen in pregnancy. The classes can help to calm and focus your mind and help prepare you for labour and birth, teaching you yoga practices that can be used to encourage a positive birthing experience. Pregnancy yoga movements can help relieve minor pregnancy related aches and pains, and help reduce stress. As well as yoga for pregnancy movements and postures, the class includes breathing exercises and relaxation practice to help you and your growing baby maintain wellbeing in pregnancy and during birth. You’re invited to take the class at your own pace and rest whenever you need to.
You may also find the opportunity to discuss pregnancy topics and meet other pregnant women during the classes which can really support mental health and wellbeing during your pregnancy.
As a teacher I aim to be approachable, understanding, supportive, calming and down-to-earth throughout your classes.
The courses run in 5 or 6 week blocks. You’re welcome to start your pregnancy yoga classes on any date during the courses below – you don’t need to wait until the start of a course. You may of course join for continual courses if you enjoy the class.
We also offer yoga for labour and birth sessions as an optional extra class, focused on learning yoga movements and techniques that can be used specifically during labour and birth, to help encourage a positive and more comfortable birth experience for parents and babies. Birthing partners are also welcome to attend this session.
Currently the classes are live online classes via Zoom due to covid-19.
If you’d like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07881 987 330.
One-to-one mum and baby and pregnancy yoga classes are also available on request.